Smart speakers are gaining their popularity among consumers,especially so in 2018.
The biggest attractions of Smart speakers is none other thanthey are “interactive” , they offer a quick and fun way to access information, by simply asking them questions, they help you to control all the smart homes devices you may have and more.
with 3 Major tech players namely, Apple, Google and Amazon competing for your money, you know have lot more choice before. But how would one choose a smart speaker between these 3 tech giants for beginners? Here is some quick information about Apple’s Google and Amazon smart speakers that may help you to begin…
Smart Speakers from Amazon: Amazon Echo Series
Amazon is the one that started all this with their introduction of their original Amazon Echo smart speakers during 2014. Today, Amazon had expanded Amazon Echo with a wide range of smart speakers start as low as $30 (on sale) up to $230 for their Echo Show that comes with a full 10.1″ screen.
If you are a “beginner” to Amazon Echo smart speakers, you can simply start with the less costly Echo Dot which provide the very basic yet essential features. But if you want something fancier yet without forging out 200 bucks or more for a “decently” smart speaker, you should take a look at Echo Spot.
Echo Spot comes with a color screen and a camera for making video calls, on top of every other essential and cool features any smart speakers will have as follows
Smart Speakers Features of Amazon Echo Spot Via Amazon.com
- Echo Spot employs 2nd generation far-field voice recognition to watch video flash briefings, see music lyrics, weather forecasts, to-do and shopping lists, browse and listen to Audible audiobooks, and more. All hands-free—just ask.
- Echo Spot connects to Alexa, a cloud-based voice service to play music, read the news, answer questions, set music alarms, control smart home, and more.
- Just ask to play a song, artist, or genre, and see lyrics with Amazon Music. Also, stream music from Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, and other music services, or books from Audible.
- Use the built-in speaker or connect to speakers through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable. With multi-room music, you can play music on your Echo devices in different rooms. Adjust the treble, mid, and bass levels with your voice.
- Ask Alexa to turn on your lights, show baby monitors and front door cameras, and lock your doors. Plus, control your thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, and more.
- Call almost anyone hands-free, or make video calls to family and friends with Skype, the Alexa app, an Echo Spot, or Echo Show. Instantly connect to other Echo devices around your home.
- With tens of thousands of skills (Apps), Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new features. Just ask Alexa to control your TV, request an Uber, order a pizza, and more.
One advantage of choosing Amazon Echo smart speakers you must consider is that they are very the first in this market, meaning that Amazon’s Echo devices are well developed with the most apps and capabilities. In short, Amazon Echo has set the market standard and they work with both iPhone or Android phones.
You can buy Amazon’s Echo devices in stores or online at Amazon.com
Smart Speakers from Google
Google may had missed the first mover advantage in the smart speakers market but to a lot of Google products fan, that does not mean much anyway.
Price range of Google Smart Speakers ranges competitively from the Google Home Mini at $29 (on sale) to Google Home at $99 with way better audio quality, from Google Home Hub at USD149 that comes with a 7″ touchscreen but no camera and at $399, Google Home Max.
Google smart speakers will be an easy choice for Android device users, as it integrate seamlessly with all Google products and services like Android smartphones. Google Chromecast devices, to google apps ad services like Google Music service. Like Amazon Echo, they also support both Android and Apple devices.
You can buy Google Home devices at stores or on Google.com
Smart Speakers from Apple: HomePod
With Amazon and Google in the scene, Apple will never want to miss this growing market of smart speakers. Although Apple may be the latest among the 3 players to dive in the smart speaker’s market, their product will definitely be embraced by all Apple’s fanatic fans to begin with.
And speaking of “Fanatic” fans… it comes to no surprise that Apple Smart HomePod Speakers is at the high price of $350 when they introduced to the market, even when they slashed the price down to $250 for festive seasons, they are still expensive when compared to most of Amazon Echo and Google smart speakers.
And as usual…. Apple tends to do things “differently”.
Instead of “mimicking” all the features of Amazon Echo and Google smart speakers, Apple HomePod does not have any screen whatsoever for a start. Instead their product development approach towards their HomePod is like every products they had developed… a minimalist exterior design with a focus on superior and robust techonoloy, performance and outstanding audio sound quality.
Their first 2 introduction at Apple.com pretty much sums it all up:
“HomePod is a breakthrough speaker that adapts to its location and delivers high-fidelity audio wherever it’s playing. Together with Apple Music and Siri, it creates an entirely new way for you to discover and interact with music at home. And it can help you with everyday tasks — and control your smart home — all with just your voice.”
This purposefully designed speaker creates rich, nuanced sound that defies its size. HomePod combines custom Apple-engineered audio technology and advanced software to deliver precision sound that fills the room. And at just under seven inches tall, HomePod fits anywhere in your home.”(via Apple.com)
In short, there are never a shortage of Apple’s fanatic fans to get the HomePod to begin with, a market advantage that they never failed to capital on so far.
If you still cannot decide. Here’s a an interesting video from Best Review Channel that will tell you the Top 5 Smart Home Tech of 2018 (for Amazon Echo, Google Home & Siri!)